Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year, New Post

Hopefully, this will be a quick post, but I want to wish everyone a happy new year! Thanks to everyone in both blogland and the real world for their support over the past year. It has been a little rocky sometime, but a positive word or post can make a big difference. I hope to stay up on this a little better than I did the last half of 2008. I should be able to keep up with everyone's blogs better. I finally signed up at Bloglines and am slowly adding blogs to my feed list, so I can see quicker, when there is an update without having to check each and every blog. I also decided I needed to update the look of our blog. Since the holidays are over red and green are also out.

We spent a relatively low-key New Years Eve at my brother and sister-in-laws. Both Kevin and I had to work. I got off at 1:00 and took the train to the my parents. Depending when we got off, I was either going to stop at their house or take the train directly to my brother's. It turned out Hank was over at my parents, so I as able to get a ride with him, instead of hopping back on the train. We got about 5 inches of snow last evening and another couple inches over night and it is still snowing a bit even now. This had to have been one of the snowiest Decembers that I remember. And with the way 2008 has started, we may be in store for a very snowy winter.

12 comments:

LaLa said...

Happy New Year to you! I envy your snow : )

Karen Wall said...

Happy New Year! I am hoping that your little one gets to come home in 08!!

Leslie & Shaune said...

we got a lot of snow also. happy new year! you will enjoy bloglines, i love notifications of new posts instead of going and looking around for some to read :)

Jess said...

I've never heard of bloglines!!! You might have just saved me a bunch of time. ;)

Happy New Year! I hope 2008 is your year as well, Kathryn. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Kathryn! I hope '08 brings you much happiness in the form of an addition to your family. I just added you to my blog roll. :)

Amber said...

Happy New Year! I hope this is your year to get your new addition to your family

Unknown said...

Hello again and Happy New Year!

We are not currently in the process of adoption. Our little Meechi has only been home just short of 8 months. We are enjoying having him home and seeing him blossom a little more each day.

If you are interested in reading our journey to our son I can send you an invite to my private blog. My other blog touches on his adoption but is not really a journal of the adoption like my private blog is.

Hiking Mama said...

Happy New Year! Thank you for the congratulations. I bet it won't be long before you are starting your dossier as well!!! Best wishes for 2008!

Carissa said...

Thanks for the comment and I will be keeping up with you as well!

Unknown said...

Kathryn,
Thanks for the comment on my blog. We are open to several sns and are currently in the process of ammending our homestudy to include a child up to 3 years, so that may have played a role. Don't give up hope yet though, when we talked to our branch office (Tenn), Sara said she had several families that she needed to talk to about starting their Dossiers, but had only been able to talk to about five because she was out of the office until Thurs. So it is possible that they are just backed up a little. Hoping you get a call very soon!

Melissa said...

Happy New Year!

Just wanted to touch base and see if you and Kevin are OK. I know you probably received lots of bad weather last evening - I hope the tornadoes were not in your area.

Here's to more blogging in 2008!

Melissa

Mindee said...

Hi Kathryn,
I just saw your message on my blog. I haven't gotten the call to start my dossier either. I asked my social worker today and she couldn't tell me exactly how they decided, but if you are open to various ages or special needs, you'll get to start sooner. And she implied that those of us open to boys will probably start sooner than those families requesting girls.