Monday, February 25, 2008

The Winter that Just Won't Quit

Another 5-9 inches of snow is slated to fall between now and tomorrow morning. I can't tell you how ready I am for spring, it is always either snow falling or extreme cold. The snow hasn't even fully melted at all. Like most everyone else in the Chicagoland, I am just so sick of it!

The other Saturday, the Chicago chapter of FCVN (Families with Children from Vietnam) had their Tet (Vietnamese New Year) celebration. I got too meet several of my blogging buddies and see those that I met last year and meet their new children. Several of the photos I took didn't turn out too well, because of the lighting, but here are a few that did.







On the adoption front, there weren't any new referrals received by our agency. A total of 4 families were in Vietnam. 2 are back home, but 2 are still there. This past week, we both got our employment letters and had them notatized, so one small thing done. As soon as I finish, this blogpost, I'm going to send my adoption worker an e-mail concerning some questions about the dossier. So, hopefully, we can get more stuff done soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and good luck with the dossier!

Jessica and Eddie said...

How are things coming along with the dossier? Man-You have to be so perfect. My patience has been tested these past few days. Im not one who like to wait on others.

Sarah & Seth said...

congrats on the dossier!! It was very nice to meet you...even if Sienna was all over the place so we couldn't really talk. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

The Tet party sounds like fun! Seriously, that much snow? I'm telling you...not normal!!!! :)