Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Digging Out in the Northwestern Chicago Suburbs

Last night, it pretty much just rained, but the snow started in this area just before I got on the train about 7AM. By the time, I got downtown, it was only raining downtown, but the snow continued back home and they predicted 1-2 inches of snow per hour. It really didn't start snowing in downtown Chicago until around noon, but it started coming down pretty hard. Luckily, we goit out of work early. I was able to catch the 2:30 train and got into my train station a bit before 4. A little later than what it should have usually been, but under the circumstances totally understandable. At first, it didn't seem too bad, but as we got further north and west, the snow was heavier and was accumulating. I ended up having to walk home, since although Kevin was let out from work early, he was home shoveling and snowblowing. Actually, it was really quite pretty to see . After I got home, I grabbed the camera and took a bunch of pictures.
We had about 12 inches in all here. Areas further north and northwest had more like 14 inches, but south of us in Naperville, only 2-3 inches.











7 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I hate snow, I love pictures like that! If I only just had to look at it and not live in it!

Michelle said...

That looks like our area too...the snow will not STOP! I love snow but enough is enough. The weather around the country is so strange lately!

Jessica and Eddie said...

Oh me... That looks so cold!!! We dont get alot of snow in TN. I would love to get a snow like this. Well maybe--just once. I also checked our number and we are at 92 now.

Melissa said...

Oooohhhh! What I wouldn't give for that snow right now...we received about 5-6" of rain. Everything is flooded - dirty - muddy - yucky!

I want snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jessica and Eddie said...

I am not sure how we moved up. If you find out what number you are--Let me know. I do know that there were not any referrals so im not sure how it happened. Our age request is up to 24 months so that may have had something to do with it.

Hiking Mama said...

Wow-that is a lot of snow! I live in TN, so I never see that kind of weather...don't know how I would handle all that!

Anonymous said...

but it looks so pretty...