Sunday, July 15, 2007

Starbuck's news

Well as you may or may not know, I use to be addicted to Starbucks. Now I may treat myself once a week or if I'm really good less often than that. Of course, I found a new addiction that I am fighting "McDonald's Iced Coffee. It's about half the price for about twice the size. But when I got on the internet I was met with the headline "Starbucks shut controversial China store" It just doesn't feel right that there should be a Starbucks in the Forbidden City. Now, I checked where in the world, they have locations and there are no starbuck's located in Vietnam. There are about 100 in neighboring Thailand and many other Asian countries, but none so far in Vietnam. Now, I really think, they really need to consider opening a few stores at least Ho Chi Minh City and in Hanoi. The two main cities and the cities where most adoptive families spend time.

Not much adoption news. I did not receive the weekly update yet from our agency, but according to a couple other bloggers with our agency 2 more referrals were received. I'm expecting I will hear something, tomorrow and will post our updated position on the waiting list then.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are cafes called Highlands Coffee in Vietnam. There is a location on nearly every street in HCMC. Good drinks, good food. If you go have a piece of caramel cheesecake for me! :)

I hope you get an update on your list status soon!

LaLa said...

I hope you get an update soon. The Starbucks in the Forbidden City...yumm...totally got busted by our guide and facillitator for sneaking off to grab one when we were there...ha ha