Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Frustrated, but it's not what you think

No, not with the adoption, but with clothes shopping. This evening, I went to buy new black dress pants for work. I must have tried at least 6 different styles in 2 different sizes each and I left Kohl's with absolutely nothing, except a feeling of being frustrated. What the heck ever happened with normal trouser dress pants with a high-cut waist. Now, I can't be the only one who does not want low cut hip huggers. Maybe 15 or 20 years ago, I would have worn them, but I no longer have the 20-something body that I used to have; now that I'm quickly approaching 40 later this year. I always have great luck at Kohl's, which is what made tonight even more frustrating then ever.

3 comments:

Sam's mom said...

1 word Kathryn -- skirts. I too am not a fan of the cut-to-your-pubic bone styles out now. Since I've been losing weight this year I just cannot seem to fit into any pants, no matter the make or size. So I switched to skirts. I get a lot at Target online (hello $10 skirts for work, who can beat that?). If I lose or gain, the skirts just a cm higher or lower on my waist. Now, that being said, I have no idea what I'm going to do this winter!

Anonymous said...

Interesting post..! Well, I too always have a good luck at Kohls.

Anonymous said...

AMEN sister. I HATE shopping for new clothes, I am either feeling like an old grandma or like I am too old to be shopping in any area of the store. Plus don't get me started on last years sweaters!