Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back and in a better place

I'm back and doing much better than I have been in quite awhile. These past few months have been really rough, but I feel as if I'm now ready to get on with my life. Back at the beginning of August I sent in for the renewal of our 171-H and on the 29th, we finally were able to get fingerprinted. Hopefully, it won't take too much longer until we get our renewal in the mail. Last week, I sent for Kevin's birth certificate; it's suppose to take 3 or 4 weeks, since they send it to get state certified also. Actually, I think that it shouldn't really take that long. Last time I got my birth certificate, I took only an hour or less and then when I went to get all my documents state certified, it only took an hour. I'm waiting to hear from my agency's social worker, but next week we should get our home study updated to get ready for when we will be able to formally switch to Ethiopia. Hopefully, things won't take too long.

4 comments:

Sam's mom said...

YEAH!!!! And now that you have the dossier workbook, you could easily get your portion of the stuff done in a week, and then get the SW stuff out to her/him for sign & doctor letter as well. I'm sure your referrences will do it super-fast (hopefully they made a copy of the Vietnam reference letter and can just cut & paste). I seriously think you'll have your dossier out either sooner than ours, or at the same time. How exciting!!

Gretchen Magruder said...

So nice to "meet" you and thanks for commenting on my blog!! I love meeting other people from Illinois who are on this same, crazy road!

We have good friends who were in the vietnam program with CHI, as well. I know the whole experience has been devastating for them....I'm so excited for you to join the Ethiopia program - - we haven't enjoyed the wait, but we've been pleased with the program!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're in a better place, Kathryn. I'm sure that this has been very, very hard for you. I really cannot imagine. I'm happy to hear that you're making progress with the ET program and hope that things keep moving right along for you!

Anonymous said...

YES!!!! SO glad to see that you are back! Cannot wait to follow along :)