Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sorry if I had any of you worrying about me. In reality, I have been healthy, minus an earache. But for the most part, I've been mainly in a real funk about how long everything has been taking. It has been 10 months since we were added to the waiting list and according to Mindee's blog (she is one place ahead of us on the list), we should be sbout #94. I don't know how many ahead of us only want girls or who want toddlers, instead of babies. Referrals are coming in very slowly, so the soonest may be somewhere near the end of the year and then travel has usually been 4-6 months later, although there have been some who have had to wait much longer. But now that it is March and spting doesn't seem so far away, since the sun is shining more often, I am feeling somewhat more upbeat and happier. The weather is still quite cold, but we have seen a day or two in the 40s and it has been over a week since we had any new snow. It's suppose to be very cold over the next couple days, but a slight warm-up is possible next week. I think maybe even in the 50s, which after this winter sounds almost tropical. Sunday, we start Daylight's saving time, so although we lose an hour of sleep, we will be staying light longer in the evening . It'll be so nice to have more daylight again, after getting off work.

February is always a bad money month with car insurance due and several other big bills. Usually, I have the March work bonus to look forward to and then the April pay raise. But this year they aren't as good as past years and with the adoption, I was really expecting it to help with things. We still have a bonus, but it's just not as generous as any of us were expecting it to be, nor was the pay raise up to the same caliber.. Works has also been extremely busy and hectic and with the bonus/pay raise issue, it's really disappointing and depressing. In the past, the generous bonus was our motivation to work harder, but now that we have and we aren't being rewarded like we have in the past, well need I really say more.

Hopefully, tomorrow we will be getting a positive update from our agency. Hopefully, there will be some referrals to report and other happy news.

10 comments:

angie said...

no such luck!!

no new referrals :( but lost of families traveling this month :)

Anonymous said...

Kathryn, I'm so sorry things are weighing on you. For sure, the wait is lousy and financial burdens are the worst. Hopefully the warmer weather and some sunshine will perk up your mood and give you a brighter outlook.
-Gina

Becky and Keith said...

Come on sunshine! It always makes things bette! I hope things start picking up for you...

Anonymous said...

How I can so sympathize, as we both know - this too shall pass but for that to happen we have to acknowledge it and move on. This is never easy and never fun. I am sorry to hear that things are not as good as you would like. I hope things pick up soon.

K said...

I'm glad you are on an upswing. It is hard in the winter with all of the snow and dark.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it sounds like you need some much needed sunshine! Here's to hoping things pick up really soon.

Michelle said...

I'm with ya! I'm not sure what to think about the lack of referrals. Sorry about your job and the lack of bonus/pay raise...that stinks and I'm sure you deserved more. Hang in there =0)

dwayne and melanie said...

We are a CHI family and I am bummed about the lack a referrals as well. But everything in this process is so uncertain and we just have to keep the faith.

Unknown said...

Sorry you are feeling so down. I hope things change and start to move quicker for you.

Carey and Norman said...

Thanks for the comment on our post. I love your blog background. I'm excited to see you are #94 waiting in Vietnam. We have friends who just completed their Vietnamese adoption in January and another set of friends similar to yourselves in the waiting process.

Thanks for writing and I look forward to continuing reading your blog as you journey to meet your child.