Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Delivery Problems

When I sent the dossier to The Assistant Stork, I included a return package that was to be sent to the FedEx/Kinkos facility a block away from me down at work. I didn't want it shipped to my home and be susceptible to the weather. When I checked the tracing number soon after I got to work, it was in Chicago and out on the truck to be delivered. About an hour later, I checked and there was a delivery exception listed for an incorrec t address - apartment/suite no. I ran down to Fed Ex/Kinko's and they gave me the Fed Ex toll-free phone number and said they couldn't do anything without the waybill receipt, but to call them. I never had the waybill receipt, it was attached to the packaging I sent for the Assistant Stork to return the dossier to me. So I called the 800 number and they said that usually Fed Ex/Kinko's don't hold package. It also turns out that the Fed Ex/Kinko's had me incorrectly fill out the waybill for address, I should have put Fed Ex/Kinko's and to the attention of "me" instead of just putting my name and their address. But even though, I had put their address, the employees at Fed Ex/Kinko's said they had never even seen a Fed Ex delivery person. They have left a message at the Fed Ex location that delivers the package and that I should call back at noon and that they hopefully will hear back by then. They also said they could not guarentee if another delivery will be made today or tomorrow to get me the package. Aarrgghh!!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Ugh! I am so sorry, what a mess. (((Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

How frustrating! Hang in there, you still have time! Gina

K said...

BUMMER! I hope it's straightened out SOON! Yay for it being done though!

Mindee said...

Hang in there! That's why you expedited. To give time for these kinds of issues.

Heather said...

Hmph. Not fun for sure. I agree with Mindee though. You do have some time to get these issues straightened out. Crossing my fingers for you. :)

Anonymous said...

How frustrating...I hope it is fixed soon.

Amber said...

I hope you are able to get your package!

Anonymous said...

I hope you got your package. Thinking of you.
Diane

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I hope you got your package! That sounds very frustrating!