Monday, March 17, 2008

D.C. Bound

Our dossier has been safely (hopefully) been sent Fed Ex. It should arrive actually in Stafford, VA at the Assistant Stork's tomorrow around noon. I have to agree with people who said once you send that dossier, it feels like you are sending your baby away to college or his/her first summer camp. It feels like a big part of me is gone , that I took such good care of, even if it was for only a brief time. Now, I'll probably have that darn tracking number memorized in no time, since I'll be checking its progress fatefully until it is delivered to Laura's capable hands. Well, I guess I should get some work donesince there is only 2 and a 1/2 hours left of the work day. IO doubt I'll get a chance to post tonight, but you never know! Good luck to anyone else, who's about to ship off a package to Laura or even directly to the Embassy of Vietnam. What a weird feeling it was to write out that money order to0 the Embassy. At least, I can relax somewhat, but until everything is back in my hands and has been sent to our agency and then logged into Vietnam, I won't be TRULY relaxed!!!

10 comments:

Jessica and Eddie said...

We did not use the expedited service. There is only 1 guy there at the Embassy and Im sure he's working really hard to get all of them in. You should get it back by the end of the month. You will definitely have the number memorized. I do feel lucky that we are able to go ahead and submit our dossiers.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh....one step closer! I am so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Very exciting!!! I am so happy for you!!!!

K said...

Great news! I hope the authentication goes quickly! The Assistant Stork was fabulous!!!

Heather said...

We are just behind you. Hoping to send ours off day after tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Becky and Keith said...

That is awesome! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is so fantastic!

Heather said...

Yes, we ordered our certificate from the county clerk so it was automatically certified. Then, we sent it to Illinois for state certification. So, I think that is correct right? The state certified it, so I'm assuming it is.

Heather said...

Yes, we ordered our certificate from the county clerk so it was automatically certified. Then, we sent it to Illinois for state certification. So, I think that is correct right? The state certified it, so I'm assuming it is.