Thursday, December 3, 2009

Sweet Savings

In the past 2 days, I went to both Walgreen's and CVS and spent only $2.89 , but got Dawn Dish Soap, 2 packages of paper plates and Quilted Northern Toilet Tissue, 9 rolls. Dawn was on sale at CVS usually it is $2.29 and they had it on sale for 99 cents; plus I had a $1 coupon, so I paid only sales tax. Since I bought it in downtown Chicago (which has the nation's highest sales tax, 11.25%, had I gone to the Walgreen's near my house , it would have only been 7% sales tax) I spent a whole 9 cents. Walgreen's had the paper plates, 48 ct. on sale with the store coupon for 2 for $3 and the Quilted Northern was $4.29. I also had Walgreen's Register Reward of $5, so that made the total 2.80. In addition, they were giving $1 Register Rewards for buying the Quilted Northern, which I'll use next shopping trip.

1 comment:

David said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.