Thursday, October 18, 2007

Headed to Yooperland!

Yes, Kevin and I will be heading up to the good old U.P. tomorrow to see his dad and brother. I took a couple days off this week, as well as Monday. It'll be a short visit, but it will be nice to get away. At least Kevin was able to get tomorrow off, so we will be able to head up early and avoid heavy traffic. There's suppose to be construction by Milwaukee, so that may be the only place we get slowed down.

Last Saturday, our agency had a speaker talking about attachment, which was interesting and informative. Then we headed over to my parents or I did while Kevin went to a high school football game. We then all went out to eat at Red Lobster, which is probably one of my favorite places to eat. I just love their Mushrooms, Cheddar Bay Biscuits and Shrimp Scampi; probably not very healthy, but oh so.

I just checked my e-mail and was sent the weekly update by another PAP (pre-adoptive parent). Unfortunately, there were no new referrals received, but there were 4 families who left for Vietnam today and there will be 3 more on Monday. I pray there will be some more referrals next week, so we can keep moving up the list, as well as everyone else.

Looking forward to a couple days of pure relaxation, even if the weather will probably be downright chilly up there. Today, the weather was gorgeous, in the 70s. Just a few days ago, it was so cold, but we have not yet had a frost, so I'm not sure if this is Indian summer or if we will be blessed with some more warm weather again. I won't get to check my blogs or e-mail, but that will have to wait until Sunday when we return.

No comments: