Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Autumn is Really Here!

Brrr! It is finally getting cold. Just a few days ago , we were in the upper 80s and low nineties and today, we did not even hit 60. In fact, it is about 47 degrees outside as I type this. This weekend, I even resorted to putting the air conditioning on, which I haven't done in a few weeks. The temperature inside is lower than it has been with the air on. Usually, in the summer, we keep it at 72 or warmer and right now it is in the mid 60s at the warmest. I just can't rationalize putting the heat on, yet. But another couple days like this or colder, I most likely will.



I can't believe I have been such a bad blogger. I keep up with other blogs fairly well, although not as well as I had been several months ago. I think it may partly have to do with how much more typing I have been having to do at work. I just don't feel like typing all night, like I've been doing for most of the day. Now if I was a 60, 70, 80, or more word a minute, typist like the legal secretary at my office, but I'm far from that. But regardless, there also hasn't been that much happening this past week adoption-wise. The update from our agency reported that seven families brought their little ones home from Vietnam this week, as well as 7 other families getting news of traveling later this month; no referrals were received, but they hope to receive more soon!



Last week, we started our church's small group fellowships. This is the first year we joined a group and we are really enjoying them. There are 5 couples in our group including us and we are all in our 30s and 40s. For these first 6 weeks, all small groups are studying A 40 Days Spiritual Journey to a more Generous Life. Since when I was a child growing up, my parents never attended church, it should be very informative and enlightening.



I'll end this entry with a few pictures from my mom's garden. I took these few weeks ago and with the weather the past couple days and the weather continuing to be the same, these will probably be the last pictures I get to take for this year.











I'll try to post some more later on!

No comments: